• Collaboration with PayPal delivers secure and versatile SMB solution in the US
PALO ALTO, Calif., January 12, 2019 : Ahead of NRF (National Retail Federation) 2019 : Retail’s Big Show, HP Inc. today announced innovative new solutions designed to meet the unique needs of small and medium-sized retailers and hospitality operators.
The new HP Engage One Prime expands HP’s portfolio of point-of-sale systems with an all-in-one solution optimized for SMB retail and hospitality businesses. In addition, HP announced a strategic collaboration with PayPal to provide small businesses with a complete solution of hardware, point-of-sale software and payment processing to deliver the complete, end-to-end solution that smaller retailers need.
With more than 600,000 SMB retailers in the US alone, small retailers want affordable, highly reliable and easy to manage systems with the same elegant design of those used by their larger enterprise counterparts. Additionally, counter space is at a premium so they need point-of-sale systems that are compact and include essential peripherals that leave their counters clutter free.
“To effectively compete in today’s market, small and medium-sized retailers and hospitality operators need more than a cash register and a storefront, they want solutions that enable them to improve customer experiences in their retail and hospitality environments,” said Aaron Weiss, vice president and general manager, Retail Solutions, HP Inc. “HP Engage One Prime is built to meet the needs of smaller retailers, and our collaboration with industry leading payment processor PayPal delivers an end-to-end solution that’s versatile, reliable and secure.”
Premium design meets affordability
HP Engage One Prime is a sleek, affordable all-in-one point-of-sale solution designed to meet the needs of smaller businesses. HP Engage One Prime is ready to run quickly, integrates seamlessly with popular software and payment services, and has the reliability and security that retail businesses need.
• Beautifully appointed yet affordable. Available in black or white, complement modern aesthetics with a sophisticated all-in-one designed for the cost-conscious. Maximize counter space with clean cable management and the flexibility of the 14-inch diagonal Full HD touchscreen that comfortably tilts and easily flips between associates and customers. An optional integrated customer-facing display is available on select models.
• Easy to set up. Experience business-ready simplicity with built-in peripherals like a magnetic stripe reader and NFC to authenticate associates, and a camera-based scanner to scan QR codes and merchandise. Do even more with optional peripherals such as a receipt printer, barcode scanner, fingerprint reader for added security, cash drawer, and iButton reader. Enjoy the flexibility of a point-of-sale system that integrates seamlessly with popular third-party point-of-sale software and payment services from HP Partners.
• Reliable performance. Blaze through busy shifts with a system that includes the Android 8.1 OS which comes with an added layer of security, a powerful multi-core heterogenous Qualcomm APQ8053 processor and your choice of CPU speed, memory, and storage. Focus on customers and business goals, instead of technical support, with the reassurance of an included one-year HP limited warranty.
Complete Solutions for SMB
Since most SMB retailers and hospitality operators do not have an IT person on staff, HP recognizes these smaller businesses need complete systems that are ready to use out of the box.
HP announced a strategic collaboration with PayPal to release a complete solution of hardware, point-of-sale software and payment processing that provides SMB retailers and hospitality operators out-of-the-box simplicity while maintaining the flexibility to change and update their solution as their business grows over time. The complete solution includes:
- HP Engage One Prime: The new sales terminal with one-year warranty, extend protection with Care Packs up to three years
- HP Retail Peripherals : Includes new receipt printer, barcode scanner, I/O hub, fingerprint reader, iButton, Cash Drawer, and other accessories to complement and extend the functionality of the HP Retail System
- PayPal payment device that accepts chip, tap and swipe payments
- HP Warranty, with additional support and service provided by PayPal and partners
Through this collaboration, retail and hospitality customers will benefit from a complete solution from two highly trusted brands, hardware that is purpose-built for point-of-sale, as well payment acceptance devices, transaction security, and affordability, reliability and performance benefits. In addition, PayPal offers small businesses access to financing through its suite of small business lending products to help businesses manage their cashflow and invest in areas that can drive revenue.
HP will work with other select payment provider partners globally, as well as select independent software vendors (ISVs) to bundle point-of-sale software solutions with HP Engage One Prime.
HP Engage One Prime is expected to be available in February 2019 direct from HP and the company’s global network of authorized point-of sale partners. Retail ISVs including talech, RetailDDS Asia and Wynd plan to support the solution.
NRF 2019 : Retail’s BIG Show, or the NRF Annual Convention & EXPO, is the flagship industry event of the National Retail Federation (NRF). Retail’s BIG Show is an annual event held over three days in New York City. The convention includes 500 education sessions, nearly 300 speakers, and more than 700 exhibitors. NRF 2019 to be held on 13-15th January 2019 in USA.