• Workshop to be held in Bengaluru on July 24, 2018
Bengaluru, July 20 2018 : The FIDO Alliance, the world’s largest ecosystem for open, interoperable authentication standards, today announced it will co-host a workshop to promote awareness and adoption of Cybersecurity standards in India. Workshop sessions will include detailed information on the opportunity that strong FIDO Authentication can provide to Indian citizens, businesses and IT infrastructures.
The free workshop is being held by the FIDO India Working Group in collaboration with Cyber Security Cell; Government of Karnataka; and World Trade Center, Bengaluru in Bengaluru on July 24, 2018. Registration is required to attend; to register, visit https://fidoalliance.org/
“India is in a period of large cybersecurity growth and investment, leading to the need for awareness around established, global cybersecurity standards like FIDO. To drive this awareness, the FIDO Alliance is joining efforts with other cybersecurity leaders for this first workshop in the tech hub of India,” said Andrew Shikiar, Chief Marketing Officer at FIDO Alliance. “Through attending this workshop, policy makers and technical leads will gain a better understanding of how global standards including the FIDO ecosystem of market-ready, interoperable strong authentication solutions can benefit the cybersecurity market in India.”
Through this workshop, attendees will hear :
- Updates on the state of cybersecurity in India – Gaurav Gupta, IAS, Principal Secretary, Department of IT, BT & S&T and Industries & Commerce, Government of Karnataka
- An overview of the Government of Karnataka’s Cybersecurity Center of Excellence – Ravi Kishor Mundada, CEO of Cybersecurity CoE
- A global look at today’s cybersecurity standards – Ashok Chandak, Senior Director of Global Sales and Marketing at NXP Semiconductors and Co-chair for the FIDO India Working Group
- Expert insight on how authentication and cybersecurity standards are prevailing and evolving – Ramesh Kesanupalli, Founder of Nok Nok Labs, Co-founder of the FIDO Alliance, and Co-chair of the FIDO India Working Group
This initiative is part of the joint effort of Government of Karnataka Innovation Department K-Tech and FIDO Alliance’s ongoing efforts to spread awareness of market-ready strong authentication standards and solutions in India, including the recent announcements of liaison relationships with India PKI Forum and the Data Security Council of India (DSCI), as well as the launch of the FIDO India Working Group in 2017.