GURGAON, August 17, 2018 : Yatra Online, Inc., India’s leading online travel company, today announced its unaudited financial and operating results for the three months ended June 30, 2018.
“We delivered another quarter of robust growth while also delivering a meaningful reduction in our adjusted EBITDA loss through a combination of efficiency in our consumer promotions and reduction in our operating costs. The integration of Air Travel Bureau Limited (“ATB”) continues on track and we are beginning to realize the initial cost synergies, the full impact of which will be reflected in subsequent quarters. The macro environment of the Indian aviation industry is facing some headwinds on account of rising oil prices and weakening currency; however, we remain confident that our multichannel approach will enable us to deliver over 20% growth in Adjusted revenue in the current year as well, with a meaningful improvement in our adjusted EBITDA,” said Dhruv Shringi, Co-founder and CEO.
Yatra Online, Inc.’s financial and operating results for the three months ended June 30, 2018, include 100% of the financial and operating results of ATB, in which we acquired a majority stake on August 4, 2017.
Financial and operating highlights for the three months ended June 30, 2018:
- Revenue reached INR 2.8 billion (USD 0.04 billion).
- Total Gross Bookings (Air Ticketing and Hotels and Packages) reached INR 28.4 billion (USD 0.4 billion) representing YOY growth of 37.1%.
- Adjusted Revenue increased to INR 2,040.3 million (USD 29.8 million), representing an increase of 24.8%. Adjusted Revenue represents revenue less service costs.
- Adjusted Revenue from Hotels and Packages increased to INR 528.1 million (USD 7.7 million), representing an increase of 20.5% YOY.
- Standalone Hotel Room Nights Booked during the quarter were 0.6 million, representing an increase of 23.5% YOY.
- Adjusted Revenue from Air Ticketing increased to INR 1,254.7 million (USD 18.3 million), an increase of 18.0% YOY.
- Gross Air Passengers Booked were 2.4 million representing YOY growth of 26.3%.
- Adjusted EBITDA Loss of INR 407.2 million (USD 5.9 million) representing a YOY decrease of 33.3%.
- Loss for the period of INR 311.7 million (USD 4.6 million).
About Yatra Online, Inc and Yatra Online Pvt Ltd
Yatra Online, Inc is the parent company of Yatra Online Pvt Ltd which is based in Gurugram, India and is one of India’s leading online travel companies and operates the website Yatra.com. The company provides information, pricing, availability, and booking facility for domestic and international air travel, domestic and international hotel bookings, holiday packages, buses, trains, in city activities, inter-city and point-to-point cabs, home stays and cruises. As a leading platform of accommodation options, Yatra provides real-time bookings for more than 92,000 hotels in India and over 800,000 hotels around the world.