Naveen Joshi – Founder and CEO of Allerin (www.allerin.com)
Works in Big Data, IoT , AI and Blockchain.
• Before implementing deep learning for business, it is vital that business leaders understand the capabilities and features of this path-breaking technology.
Deep learning is a type of machine learning in AI that gathers huge datasets to make machines act like humans. Due to the use of neural networks, deep learning produces optimized results. You must have observed how Facebook automatically finds your friend in an image and suggests you tag her. Here, Facebook uses deep learning to recognize your friend. We were amazed to read what Gartner had to predict for about deep learning. It said, “Deep Learning will provide Best-in-Class Performance for Demand, Fraud and Failure Predictions by 2019.” Such a prediction encourages business leaders to implement deep learning for business and drive their business to greater success. While most business leaders are aware of the term, deep learning, they have very little to no understanding of the technology. Before leveraging deep learning for business, leaders should take a look at what deep learning offers and what the future of deep learning will look like.
Deep learning for business
For any business, the ultimate goal is to make profits. Organizations can make profits only if customers buy their products or service. Hence, every company aims at keeping their customers happy and fulfilling their demands. In any business, leaders must ask questions like:
- What are the challenges faced with the current model?
- How can deep learning help overcome the challenges?
- How will the technology help to keep customers happy and attract new customers?
- What are the areas in their business where they can implement deep learning to make higher gains?
Shared below are few deep learning applications that every business leader must leverage:
- Image recognition – Deep learning algorithm recognizes various elements that are located in an image. One of the most common examples of image recognition is Google Images. Based on the content that we are searching for, Google offers us a set of relevant images. Another example is the self-driving vehicles that use image recognition to recognize obstacle son road and act in time. Also, the healthcare industry is using image recognition to understand the human anatomy better.
- Sequence learning – Using predictive analysis, business leaders can predict the future outcomes in their business. An example is the product recommendation, when we shop online.
- Machine translation – Google’s translate engine helps translate the language you enter to any other language of your choice.
The future of deep learning
The future of deep learning is bright. Soon we will see self-driving vehicles becoming a part of our daily lives, thereby reducing accidents and air pollution. Amazon is planning to use drones for delivering products in 30 minutes or less. There are enormous opportunities for various industries to benefit with the deep learning technology. Business leaders should find these hidden opportunities and drive their business ahead of the curve.
Now that you have a comprehensive idea about the capabilities of deep learning, you should start planning to implement deep learning in your business.