- The GPU Turbo is a ground-breaking graphics processing technology for an unprecedented mobile entertainment
- Boosted with GPU Turbo technology, Honor Play is claimed to boost graphic performance by 60 per cent while reducing the energy consumption by 30 per cent
- Honor Play will be available exclusively on Amazon starting 6th August 2018
New Delhi, August 1, 2018 : At the beginning of August, Honor, the e-brand of Huawei, will begin rolling out the GPU Turbo update for its upcoming device – the Honor Play. Continuing its endeavor to connect with the young millennials, Honor has come up with Honor Play which comes with the GPU Turbo for a seamless gaming experience thus making it the hottest buy this year. The brand has also confirmed that the Honor Play will be available on Amazon starting 6th August 2018.
- The GPU Turbo is an integrated hardware-software graphics processing acceleration technology that reconstructs the traditional graphics processing framework at the lower layer system, greatly improving the efficiency of GPU graphics processing and user gaming experience
- Honor Play has been devised with a key technological breakthrough with GPU Turbo, improving graphics processing efficiency by 60% and reducing SoC (System on Chip) energy consumption by 30%, setting new records in smartphone performance and energy consumption balance
- Honor Play delivers an exceptional performance and lag-free entertainment designed for work or play
Powered to enable uninterrupted and enhanced multimedia performance
In addition to boosting speed and enabling higher frame rates than most other phones in the market, this update will enhance visuals by enabling HDR (high dynamic range), which increases contrast and color saturation.
In addition, the Honor Play comes with higher frame rates, fantastic graphics, turbocharged GPU performance and lower battery consumption. Hence, for all the users who use their smartphones for an amazing, thrilling entertainment and gaming experience, GPU Turbo is one feature to try out on Honor Play.
Honor Play to Come With Flagship Kirin 970 AI Processor
Honor, Huawei’s e-brand for digital natives, today announced that its upcoming smartphone Honor Play will feature the flagship Kirin 970 processor with built-in Neural Processing unit (NPU) for AI capabilities. Aiming to improve the experience for smartphone users, the Kirin 970 processor in Honor Play will help in providing superior performance and enhanced machine learning capabilities.
The Honor Play will be available on Amazon starting 6th August 2018.
The Kirin 970 processor is made from 10nm manufacturing process which has 5.5 billion transistors in 1 sqcm silicon. It is world’s first chipset to have onboard AI capability, which makes it a secure and safe chipset, as it is not transferring data over the internet which may risk privacy.
- Kirin 970 ‘s NPU is trained with 100 million pictures to enable its AI Camera which can detect 22 different scenes from 500 different scenarios to adjust best camera settings for that perfect shot
- Thanks to dedicated NPU which consumes only 2% battery as compared to CPU doing similar AI tasks
- AI based App prioritization makes applications opens quickly as most used apps are stacked on top of priority list
- AI Noise reduction improves call quality even in the most noisy environment
Honor is committed to transform smart devices into intelligent devices by building end-to-end capabilities that support coordinated development of chips, devices, and AI. The Kirin 970 is all set to bring powerful AI features to the Honor Play for an enhanced user experience.