• Focuses on Sustainable Design and Tech Applications that Improve Human Condition
• Dell was named as World’s Most Ethical Company by the Ethisphere Institute for the fifth year in a row
• 1.1 million people have gained access to technology and technology skills through Dell strategic giving programs this year. The company has helped a total of 11.2 million people since 2013.
• 73 million pounds of recycled materials used in new Dell products since 2013
• New e-waste tracking program and 360-degree virtual reality supply chain tour extends Dell’s commitment to transparency
Bangalore, India : Dell Inc., released its annual 2020 Legacy of Good update today, continuing the company’s long-term commitment to society, team members and the environment. The report summarizes efforts during Fiscal Year 2018 (Feb. 4, 2017 – Feb. 2, 2018). The report and corresponding activities are rooted in Dell’s acknowledgment of its responsibility to realize a sustainable and prosperous future.
Dell’s purpose as a company is to drive human progress through technology. One of the ways the company brings that to life is through its Legacy of Good commitment – to put Dell technology and expertise to work where they can do the most good for people and the planet. For Dell that means investing in innovation that reduces environmental impact, supports a transparent supply chain and ensures an inclusive future workforce.
“The Legacy of Good program reflects what’s possible when people and technology come together with purpose,” said Christine Fraser, Chief Responsibility Officer, Dell. “Our customers, partners and teams care about this work now more than ever, and we will continue to seek innovative ways to deploy our resources, design out waste, celebrate inclusion and address the greatest need.”
“The idea that technology should be a driver of human progress is central to how Dell thinks as a company. Our Legacy of Good program captures this idea and spells out our commitment to drive human progress by putting our technology to work where it can do the most good for people and the planet. We also see technology as the key to unlock regenerative solutions that will help make a positive social and environmental impact – building a legacy of good,” said Rajeev Kapoor, Vice President and CSR Champion, Dell India.
To learn more about Dell’s commitments, including in-depth case studies and greater details on the company’s goals, visit at www.legacyofgood.dell.com