• AMD advances the field of VFX with Vancouver Film School collaboration and unveils powerful new workstation technologies for creative professionals, including new plugin support for Radeon ProRender
The new turbocharged AMD Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card allows professionals to effortlessly accelerate design and rendering. It is the ideal graphics card for design and manufacturing, media and entertainment, and architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) work loads at all stages of product development.
“Professionals can fully unleash their creativity with the ‘Vega’ architecture at the heart of the Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card,” said Ogi Brkic, General Manager of Radeon Pro, AMD. “This powerful new workstation graphics card empowers creators to improve collaboration among remote teams with VR, create exciting new cinematic experiences and visualize their creations with ease, all at an incredible price point.”
Based on the advanced “Vega” GPU architecture with the 14nm FinFET process, the Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card offers the performance required to drive increasingly large and complex models through the entire design visualization pipeline. With planned certifications for many of today’s most popular applications – including Adobe CC, Dassault Systemes SOLID WORKS, Autodesk 3ds Max, Revit, among others – the Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card is ideal for workloads such as real-time visualization, physically-based rendering and VR.
Advanced Feature Set
The Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card is equipped with advanced features and technologies geared towards professionals, including:
- High Bandwidth Cache Controller (HBCC) : The Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card’s state-of-the-art memory system removes the capacity limitations of traditional GPU memory, letting creators and designers work with much larger, more detailed models and assets in real time.
- Enhanced Pixel Engine: The “Vega” GPU architecture’s enhanced pixel engine lets creators build more complex worlds without worrying about GPU limitations, increasing efficiency by batching related work into the GPU’s local cache to process them simultaneously. New “shade once” technology ensures only pixels visible in the final scene are shaded.
- Error Correcting Code (ECC) Memory: Helps guarantee the accuracy of computations by correcting any single or double-bit error resulting from naturally occurring background radiation.
The Radeon Pro WX 8200 graphics card also features a dedicated AMD Secure Processor, which carves out a virtual “secure world” in the GPU. IP-sensitive tasks are run on the AMD Secure Processor, protecting the processing and storage of sensitive data and trusted applications. It also secures the integrity and confidentiality of key resources, such as the user interface and service provider assets.
The Radeon™ Pro WX 8200 graphics card will be available for pre-order at Newegg on August 13, with on-shelf availability expected in early September and an SEP of $999 USD. Radeon Pro WX Series graphics cards come equipped with the Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise Driver – According to a QA Consultants report, commissioned by AMD, the “most stable driver in the industry” – as well as a three-year limited warranty and optional seven-year limited warranty on retail versions. For more information on the latest Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 18.Q3, visit here.
AMD also introduced new plug-ins for Radeon ProRender, AMD’s high-performance physically-based rendering engine that enables CAD designers and 3D artists to create renders quickly and easily. Users now have free access to new plug-ins for:
- PTC Creo: Enables designers and engineers to quickly and easily create incredibly rendered visualizations of their products and is available now in beta.
- Pixar USD viewport: For developers building a USD Hydra viewport for their application, the new USD plug-in available on GitHub adds path-traced rendering for accurate viewport previews.
New features and updates have also been added to existing plug-ins, including support for Autodesk® 3ds Max 2019, camera motion blur and many more.
Supporting the next generation of creators at Vancouver Film School
AMD also announced a new alliance with The Vancouver Film School (VFS) to open a brand-new tech innovation lab and hub for Vancouver’s professional VFX community. Powered by Radeon Pro and Ryzen technologies, the AMD Creators Lab will inspire the creative tech community and advance the field of VFX, video game design, and virtual and augmented reality development.
Built in the heart of the VFS downtown campus and adjacent to the city’s digital production and developer hub, the lab will offer an open working space for students, artists and computer graphics professionals to discover and create using the latest industry-leading technology. The AMD Creators Lab features powerful AMD-based workstations, delivering outstanding performance to shorten load and rendering times, empowering students and professionals to pursue their wildest visions and create without technological restraints.
Showcasing the future of graphics technologies at SIGGRAPH
Along with today’s Radeon Pro announcements, at SIGGRAPH AMD will also highlight the 2nd gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper desktop processors, designed for professional content creators, developers, gamers and hardware enthusiasts. AMD will showcase the 2nd gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper desktop processors alongside a range of advanced technology demonstrations on the SIGGRAPH show floor at Booth #1101, including :
- AI Rendering: Machine learning with AMD’s ROCm and Radeon Pro WX Series GPUs can slash rendering times without sacrificing quality.
- Real-time, Viewport Raytracing: Next-generation application viewport technology brings real-time ray-tracing quality directly into the editing windows of DCC and CAD applications.
- Cloud ProRender: AMD Radeon ProRender users can expand their rendering capacity and horsepower by rendering in the cloud.
- PIX on Windows from Microsoft : PIX is a performance tuning and debugging tool for developers for analyzing DirectX 12 games on Windows.